Access Keys:

 
 
Holy Cross Girls’ School, Ardoyne Road, Belfast

Our School

 

A short history (The original school building)

On 18th May 1902 a new school for boys and girls was opened in Chief Street. This school soon became too small and in 1914 the boys moved into the school at Woodvale Road.

The girls were educated on three sites - Butler Street, Chief Street and Woodvale Road. Eventually a new Holy Cross Girls' Primary School was built for the girls of the parish in the grounds of the old Wheatfield Seminary. This beautiful new school opened on 12th May 1969.

Today's school building

Recently there has been significant refurbishment to the school building and playgrounds which enhances greatly the learning environment.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Accommodation

Holy Cross Girls' is large and well equipped to meet the challenges of modern education.  It sits on an elevated site and has beautiful views over Belfast City and Belfast Lough.

Each classroom is very well resourced with the latest technology, which includes internet access. 

All classrooms have interactive whiteboards, laptops, iPads and digital cameras which are used to bring education and learning alive. Classes are timetabled to use our fully equipped ICT suite, accommodating 12 computers, 4 laptops and Apple TV.

Our PE facitilities include a fully equipped PE hall, indoor and outdoor netball court, and a soft surface multi use games area. Our junior playgroud has a purpose built climbing frame, outdoor play equipment and area designated for our new garden.

The school has a well stocked library and music room, dedicated learning support rooms and activity based play areas.

We have a separate canteen and lunchroom, as well as a welcoming parent hub.

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FairAware Award
digital schools award
Global Learning
Eco Schools NI
Belfast Healthy Cities